I received this note from my good friend Fr. Robert Pasley, pastor of Mater Ecclesiae in Berlin, NJ where I have often been a guest. Each year Mater Ecclesiae sponsors a Solemn Mass in the Extraordinary Form with exceptional sacred choral music for 15 August, the Feast of the Assumption.
Mater Ecclesiae, in the diocese of Camden New Jersey, has a national reputation. The community was established by the Diocese of Camden on 13 October 2000, the anniversary of the final apparition of Our Lady at Fatima. All Masses and Sacraments are celebrated according to the liturgical books of 1962.
Here are the details for this year’s Assumption Mass:
15 August at 1:00 PM
Saint Peter Roman Catholic Church
43 West Maple Avenue
The Music for the Mass:
- Gregorian Propers
- The Missa brevis septorum sanctorum dolorum B.V.M. by Carl Heinrich Biber
- Alleluia Assumpta est and the Dilexisti iustitiam by Heinrich Isaac
- Offertorium de Sanctissimo Sacramento by Leopold Mozart, the father of A. Mozart
- Dulcissima Maria – Francesco Guerrero
- Sonata VII of Heinrich Isaac Biber
- Ave Maria by Johann Joseph Fux
- Sonata in D for two trumpets IV and Sonata in D for two trumpets II by Franceschini
- O Sanctissima and Hail Holy Queen arranged for Brass and Orchestra by Timothy McDonnell