ego sum pastor bonus: et cognosco meas, et cognoscunt me meæ
I am the good Shepherd: and I know Mine, and Mine know Me (Jn. 10:14)
Under the Roman calendar of 1962, yesterday was often called "Good Shepherd Sunday", so called because the Gospel tells us of Jesus as the Good Shepherd. As pointed out on The New Liturgical Movement this also means it was a feast day for the Institute of the Good Shepherd.
The Institute of the Good Shepherd is a Society of Apostolic Life of traditionalist Priests in full communion with the Holy See. Founded only in September 2006, the Institute has grown quickly.
Founded with only 5 priests and a some seminarians, the institute now numbers 23 priests and 35 seminarians. Four deacons of the Institute were ordained on Saturday 23 February, this year, by Archbishop Luigi de Magistris, in the basilica of St. John Lateran in Rome.
The New Liturgical Movement has a feature on the life of the Institute, with photographs of the main Church in Paris, Saint-Eloi.
Click on the links below to find out more information on the Institute. If you read French and/or know further information about the Institute, its entrance requirements and applications process, please do let us know!
- www.institutdubonpasteur.org -- Institute of the Good Shepherd
- cccsp.free.fr -- Centre Saint-Paul, IGS centre in Paris
- www.seminairesaintvincent.fr -- Seminary of St Vincent de Paul
- www.ibproma.com (English) (new!)
- Wikipedia article
- Ordination photographs by J.P. Sonnen (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)
- Photographs from the Seminary
(photo: New Liturgical Movement)